Our mission at Killer Coach is to help each of our clients reach their potential through a focused and efficient training approach. At the same time, we are passionate about what we do as coaches and are extremely in love with any and all endurance sports.
We hope to help each person have a lot of fun on their training journey!
Over the years, we have coached hundreds of cyclists and triathletes and runners – all of different ability levels with different lifestyles and goals. We have found most people are busy and don’t have the time to put in huge training hours each week (although some do!) – AND yet, they all have big and challenging goals.
Our motto is “What doesn’t Kill you, makes you stronger.”
Meet the KILLER Coaches
Co-Founder, PT, Cycling & Triathlon Coach
Tricia Davis, PT, is a hyperkinetic, Canadian trained physiotherapist and athlete. Good at seeing the big picture, she is able to focus on the most important specific details for you to achieve success. Tricia thrives most in helping those with limited time by providing evidence based training and skill acquisition in order to make training the most efficient way to attain goals while reducing risk of injury. Tricia is passionate about health, wellness and efficiency in sport while maintaining a balance in all aspects of life. She uses humor to connect with people, and shoots straight from the hip- doesn’t beat around the bush.
- 22 years as a Physical Therapist
- 7 years as a Coach
- Coaching certifications:
- USA Triathlon Level 1
- USA Cycling Level 2
- Certified Wellness Coach
- Injury Prevention Specialist
- Contributor to USAT Multisport Zone, active.com, crankjoy.com as well as webinars for USAC
Has coached the following types of individuals:
- Beginner to elite level mountain bikers & cyclists
- Coaching athletes for Ironman or Half-Ironman distance triathlons
- Beginner and seasoned triathletes & Xterra athletes
- Beginner to seasoned athletes who compete in multi-day mountain bike stage races.
- Non-athletes who want to be fit and healthy and have a structured program to follow with constant feedback and follow up
Tricia’s events, activities, or races:
- Triathlon: sprint, olympic, half ironman, full ironman, Xterra
- Favorite races include Xterra World Championships in Maui, Xterra Nationals in Ogden, Ironman Canada and Ironman St.George
- Mountain biking: cross country, 50/100 milers, 12/24 hour racing, multi-day stage races
- Favorite mountain bike races include: BC Bike Race, Breckenridge Epic, Single Track 6, Moab Rocks, Shenandoah Mountain 100, TransRockies and Singletrack 6.
- Other events: duathlon, road racing, cyclocross, trail/5/10K, half marathon and full marathon running races, open water swim races, SUP racing.
- Also enjoys: hanging out with her husband Chad, hammock time, hot tubs, travelling, cooking, crafting, stand up paddle boarding, totem pole selfies and encouraging people to try new things
- In her past life: snowboarding, telemark skiing, rock and ice climbing, skijoring, ski-touring and winter camping
Contact Tricia: firstname.lastname@example.org
Co-Founder, Cycling & Triathlon Coach
Melissa has an extensive career in cycling and athletics. Starting in 2004, Melissa switched her focus from running to cycling and fell in love with the sport. Over the years, the bicycle has taken her all over the world from touring Italy, racing across Europe and the US as a professional athlete (with the US development team and riding for Team Kenda), to exploring the trails across Arizona and even South Africa! Melissa’s career has yielded the opportunity to compete with all of the top world-class riders in road, cyclocross, and mountain biking! Recent accomplishments include finishing 1st in her age category for the Leadville Trail 100 in 2014 (3rd in 2015), and competing in and finishing 13th at the world’s most gruelling mountain bike stage race, the Absa Cape Epic in 2015 as the only US women’s duo! Other passions Melissa has include: hiking, camping, painting, dirt biking, cooking, spending time with her husband, new baby girl, and playing with her dogs.
Melissa has an incredible desire to help other people reach their full potential and bring the passion of having a healthy lifestyle into their lives. Her speciality is working with businessmen, moms/dads with hectic schedules, and individuals who are just taking their first steps to starting a new training program. As a new mom and coming from a family of 7 kids so has a big understanding of when ‘life happens’ and how to make the most of limited time to achieve those adventurous goals and of course, have fun during the process!
- Coaching since 2010
- USA Cycling Level 2 Coach
- Professional Mountain Biker
- Professional Road Cyclist
Has coached the following types of individuals:
- Road, Time Trial, Criterium, Hill Climbs & Cyclocross Races
- Masters racing throughout USA, Canada, Europe, Asia, and South America
- Gran Fondo and Charity Rides
- Multi-day events
- Beginner cyclists or athletes just training for fitness
- Leadville Trail 100
- 24 Hours Mountain Bike Races
- Arizona Trail Race, Bikepacking events
- Breck Epic
- Andalucia Bike Race
- Absa Cape Epic
Melissa’s events, activities, or races:
- Toured Italy by Bike Solo at age 19
- Road Bike Racing in Europe
- NRC Stage racing, USA Crit Series
- UCI Cyclocross Racing
- Endurance & XC Mountain Bike Racing
- Leadville Trail 100
- 24 hour mountain bike events
- Backpacked Havasupai, and 50 mile trip through Big Horn Mountains in Wyoming
- Absa Cape Epic (8 day mountain bike stage race in South Africa)
Contact Melissa: email@example.com
Cycling, Mountain Bike & Enduro Coach
Chad Davis is a passionate lifelong two wheel devotee migrating from motorcycles to mountain bikes shortly after high school. His rise through the ranks to the pro level was accomplished in his first 5 years of racing. Chad has been fortunate to work with and learn from some of the best coaches in the business. Always pushing his limits, he has competed in hundreds of two-wheeled races from XC hotlaps, big lap leg crushers and multi-day stage races. His skills and endurance were recently put to the test during the BC Bike Race where, during his last two attempts, he finished top 15 in open/pro and 1st in open men 40+.
UCI Elite Mountain Biker
25 years of racing mountain bikes
Chad’s events, activities or races:
- Founder or Crankjoy.com a mountain bike lifestyle website
- Accomplished MTB stage racer (BC Bike Race, Transrockies Single Track 6, Breckenridge Epic)
- Enduro Racer (BME, Scott Enduro Cup)
- Downieville All Mountain World Championships
- Xterra World Championships
Types of Athletes Chad enjoys working with:
- Time-crunched cyclists that need a plan
- Riders looking to improve strength, speed, efficiency and overall racing abilities
- Mountain bikers needing help on improving skills
- XC, enduro, singlespeed, stage racers and ultra endurance athletes
- Intermediate and elite level racers looking for a serious advantage on their competition